Friday, September 9, 2011

from Hidden Treasures... to Sparkling Jewels


I can't believe it's been 25 years!  What a journey.  Eric and I celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary on September 6, 2011. Recently we woke up one morning and couldn't seem to find his wedding band.  He puts it in the same place each night yet we both continue to be baffled as to what happened to it.  So we decided to get him a new one.  I thought about those with Hebrew writing and remembered Texas' James Avery has them AND they specialize in silver.  But when I found it on their website, my eye was drawn to THE one I knew was just for him.  I showed it to him and we knew this was a total "God thing."  And, ironically, it had my birthstone.

James Avery Martin Luther Wedding Band





Luther's Engagement Ring and his Wedding Ring: Creative and Meaningful


Martin Luther on Marriage as a School of Character


Eric is related to Martin Luther.  I have his Grandma Borah's wedding rings.  She left them for him when she passed away when he was just a kid.  Now both of ours reflect his heritage.  In addition, he came home a few weeks ago with an anniversary gift for me from James Avery as well.  He got me two Avery Remembrance Rings, one to represent each of our birthstones:  a January garnet of transparent fire for me and a February amethyst of royalty for him: 




You just can't plan these things.  But that is how God seems to work in our lives.  And oh, by the way... we'll let you know what we find in the vacuum cleaner bag.  But for now we view the "disappearing ring" as something pretty special.



"Without God's touch in our lives - His work in us to will and to do His good pleasure - there is no sparkle or scant joy. But when we allow Him to work within us - when we feel His hand upon us - we are no longer hidden treasures; we become sparkling jewels that beautify His Kingdom." 

- from Devotions for a Sensational Life

(I told you in a previous post I had more on sparkling jewels coming.  Even MORE about sparkling jewels later...)



















No comments:

Post a Comment